Recipe: Mexican Shrimp & Lobster Salad
- 12 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 lobster tails (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and cleaned
- red onion to taste
- 1 avocado, halved
- 1 head romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, minced or made into paste
- 1/2 jalapeño, minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- lime zest (if using fresh lime juice)
- salt and pepper
- For best results, make the dressing ahead of time so the flavors can blend. Mix the garlic, jalapeño, yolk, olive oil, and lime juice. Adjust lime juice to your taste.
- Place the bell pepper halves on the grill over medium-low heat. Allow to cook until soft and somewhat blackened (about 8-10 minutes per side. Flip over half way through. When done, slice into strips.
- Place the avocado on the grill, skin side up.
- Skewer the shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the shrimp and lobster tails on the grill over medium-low heat. Flip after 3 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp, lobster, and avocado from the grill after another 3.
- Toss the romaine, tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper, and dressing. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Using a large spoon, slide the avocado out of it’s shell and serve whole on the plate as pictured.
- Arrange the shrimp and lobster on top of the salad.
- Top the salad with cilantro if desired.
For tips on grilling lobster, check out this article.Categories: Nutrition, Recipes