Recipe: Paleo Steak Fajitas
- 1 pound flank steak
- 3 bell peppers
- 2 onions
- 1 tbsp fat or oil
- 1 tbsp chile powder (optional)
- Slice the bell peppers and onions into quarter inch strips.
- Cook the pepper and onions over medium heat in the fat or oil of your choice. I’ve used coconut oil, butter, and lard and all have worked equally well.
- Stir the vegetables regularly but allow them to get some color.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- If you opt to, season the steak with chile powder for additional flavor.
- Sear the steak for 2 minutes per side over medium heat for rare steak. Add one minute per side for medium rare.
- Let the steak rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing. The thinner the better as flank steak can be chewy.
- Serve the steak and vegetables with romaine lettuce leaves, guacamole and verde sauce.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4