- (2) 4 to 6 ounce sashimi grade albacore filets
- 2 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce (or homemade sriracha) per piece of fish
- Salt & pepper
- 1 large or two medium leeks, sliced
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 julienned apple (Pink Lady, Honeycrisp, or similar variety)
- butter or coconut oil for sautéing
- 1 tbsp gluten free soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp ponzu (without soy sauce, omit soy sauce if using ponzo with soy sauce)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Coat each piece of albacore on all sides with Sriracha then generously season with salt and pepper. Start with a hot pan then turn the heat to medium after you start searing. Sear the albacore on all sides for about 1 minute per side, depending on the thickness of your filets. Ideally the fish should be raw but slightly warm in the center as shown in the photo above.
Sauté the sliced leeks in butter or coconut oil until crispy. Toss the mixed greens in the dressing and layer with the apples. Top the salad with the crispy leeks.
Serve with your vegetable of choice such as crispy brussels sprouts, sesame broccoli, or bok choy.Nutrition, Recipes